Packing tips: Dubai.

by - 9:58 am


Dune London | ASOS | Rebecca Minkoff


Honeymooning in Dubai was amazing if you want to read a little about it here. I loved every minute, it was stylish, chic and very luxurious. I am not going to lie. I was apprehensive regarding what to pack. As a UAE state, I was worried about what would be acceptable to wear around such a rich cultured city. To be honest I had nothing to worry about. Yes, I had to put a little more thought into it. To be honest, I had a suitcase of "holiday items" which I started buying at 18 and would only rotate out items from Primark. Going to Dubai made me evolve from my 20's now into my 30's style, as I not only purchased holiday items but items I would wear at home.

Zara | Rebecca Minkoff | Primark 
You do have to be a little bit more conservative in Dubai. However to be honest whilst going through my 20's holiday clothes I did find I had outgrown them. Most were short shorts or short skirts with slinky little tops. Basically, anything which allowed me to catch the sun and tan was in my holiday suitcase.  Dubai really helped me evolve my style. The first recommendation Do your homework, like reading blogs, go on Pinterest, use Youtube or just google what to wear in Dubai. A couple of rules I picked up is:

  • Bikinis are fine, just keep them in the pool or beach areas. 
  • Keep your bikini or swimwear on show for the poolside/beach, only. I had a playsuit which I would wear going down to the poolside and going back to the room. 
  • Don't wear wet swimsuits out of the pool/beach areas. This does not sound that bad to me, I would not want to walk around in a wet swimming suit or bikini anyways. I would change in the changing room before going back to the room. 
New Look | Dune London | Rebecca Minkoff 
  • Air conditioning is everywhere. It's a very hot country high 30-40's every day or above in the summer. However, in malls, hotel, transport, and restaurants they was full air conditioning so you need a couple of layers. 
  • Shoulders can be on show, just don't show off everything. Basically, you can wear cut out details but make sure they are chic and classy. 
Coast | Dune London 
  • You can get your legs out, just be classy around it. For example, you can wear a chic short playsuit just go buy the rule legs out, top half covered up. I also had a nice light Kimono which kept me covered if I was anxious about falling short of that rule. 
  • Dubai is a chic and stylish city. I was admiring the style and beauty of women in the UAE. I honestly could not live there full time, mostly because I would be bankrupted trying to keep up.  So go all out in the chic department! 
  • If Travelling outside of Dubai to more rural areas, better to be more conservative. Like Midi Skirts, Maxi dresses or collates. You are visiting a lovely country and its best to show respect than ignorance. 
I hope what I have learned helps a little to you if you're traveling to Dubai anytime soon. Or if you're conflicted about traveling to Dubai this sways your choice to a yes! 





You May Also Like

0 comments