Over night stay: Edinburgh

by - 1:13 pm

New Look|KG|Kate Spade|H&M|Zara
Last weekend me and hubby had an spire of the moment overnight stay in Edinburgh. After my long first trimester of not feeling well and this never ending winter, honestly think we really need a change of scenery.


Edinburgh is one of those cosy city stays that always seems to bring a smile to my face. We done a little shopping, but instead of hitting Princes Street like we normally do. We ended up going to the Livingston Designer outlet and Almond Centre. Its a lovely 45-50 min straight driver from Glasgow to Livingston, and made a nice changed from walking around outside in the cold. I didn't really pick up much to be honest, being pregnant I don't really want to spend to much cash on make up and cloths just now. I did pick up some KG loafers, which I am in love with, and baby cloths from GAP.

GAP|KG

We then headed onto the Village hotel. I love this hotel. I have stayed in it 3 times now. Its ideally situated 15 min away from the centre of Edinburgh or a £6 Uber ride, and has free parking facilities which is great if your driving to Edinburgh.  The hotel facilities include a bar/restaurant which food is actually good, a Starbucks, spa and gym. Now I have never used the gym because well no, but the spa is lovely. The rooms are exactly what you need for a little over night stay, comfy clean and stylish.

Village Hotel 

Normally when we are in Edinburgh we head to George St, for some cocktails at Tiger Lilly but as I am currently pregnant we gave that a miss. We ended up at Usquabae: Whisky bar and lader.  Its a chic Scottish whisky bar on Hope street, just off Princes Street in the hart of Edinburgh. Serving tasty modern takes of traditional Scottish bar food, along with some malt whiskeys. I can honestly say its the best food we have had in Edinburgh.

Usquabae
I would highly recommend a little joint to Edinburgh, for an over night break to refresh yourself. I really hope when bubba gets here we can take them for a little capital adventure. 

You May Also Like

0 comments