Where are the maternity cloths?

by - 2:10 pm


Very exciting arrival, coming this July

An exciting part of being pregnant for me is how I am going to style by growing baby bump. It is starting to appear for me at 16 weeks and baby is just a little avocado, so cute. But I find myself at a loss. I mean I was happily pinning away on Pinterest, look at my board. There are fabulous women rocking their baby bumps all over the world. The bit when I hit the high street, I cannot find any clothes, literally cannot find them.

I am 30 years old, size 10 and losing the shopping spirit. I have been to all my favorite places, Zara, Top Shop, River Island, Debenhams, Primark, Asda to name a few and there is no maternity clothes in the store. Now, I am a first-time pregnant lady and would like to try on the clothes before I buy. However, I find myself kindly directed by all sales assistants to order online or that they don't cover maternity clothes at all. Like that helps when I have no clue what size to buy. It is very frustrating.

Style & Flourish Maternity Style Inspiration board.

Now, I did find some maternity clothes in H&M inside the store. I got a simple, chic, comfy over the bump pair of wash blue jeans. I got to try them on before buying to see if the style worked for me, and could not have been happier. But there is a but, and here it comes. My delight at seeing those maternity jeans was deflated as there was only 2 rail island; one with jeans and leggings, the other with plan tanks and t-shirts. Disappointed much, yes shocked no.

It appears that although many women are fabulously growing the next generation, the high street has forgotten they exist, at least inside their stores anyways. So, for now, I will need to let my fingers find some chic pieces and hope I get the right size. I have even placed a little ASOS order already, their line looks amazing.


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. High street fashion for maternity is AWFUL! I have not liked dressing my pregnant body. Jeans and leggings have been so uncomfortable and I’ve ended up stretching into non (bigger) maternity clothes because I don’t want to walk around with a saggy crotch and a plain t-shirt all the time.

    I feel your pain! But honestly makes you appreciate your non maternity clothes so much more.

    Much love and congratulations
    Holly
    http://heyitsok.co.uk

    ReplyDelete